CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This are some of the mountain goats we saw right by Mt. Rushmore, they must have been rutting becuase these two males were roughing each other up and hair was flying everywhere.

One of the places we visited on our Journey through the black hills with Jeff was Jewel Cave. This is a cool underground cavern that you can go down into and see. Spelunkers have exlpored miles and miles of this cavern system. In order to be an explorer in the cave you have to be able to fit throug an 8 inch high tube that runs for about 6 ft ( not for those claustrophobic folks). You have to fit through this at a certain spot in the caverns in order to get into the bigger parts of the cave farther on. So to trial that in front of Jewel cave they have this cemet block set up to mimick the exact depth you have to fit through. As you can see above I didn't fit, it just so happens that my gut got in the way. Guess its time to take that new years resolutin serious.

Of course, Abigail crawled through, she thought this was great fun to be able to fit somewhere Dad coudln't.

But hey, at least I got in farther than Jeff did, he couldn't even get past his chest. So lets just say Jeff and I won't be exploring Jewel cave anytime soon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I did not know you had a blog! I love it. Good job, looks like you guys are having some fun times up there. Ratha said that we are coming to visit once school gets out so save some fun for us. It was good to see you guys at Grandma's Party.

Unknown said...

what is this? since when did you have a blog and why am i the last to know??